I recently spoke with Alex Melikhov who is CEO & founder of Equilibrium and also co-founded Changelly to discuss DeFi, decentralization, and much more.
Equilibrium is introducing a cross-chain money market that combines pooled lending with synthetic asset generation and trading. It unites DeFi all in one place. You can lend, trade, borrow, and stake many different crypto assets, synthetic assets, decentralized stablecoins and more.
These are some of the questions we went over:
• Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
• How and when did you originally get into cryptocurrency
• Can you give us a brief introduction to Equilibrium?
• Why did you decide to build on Polkadot and Eosio?
• What blockchains are currently connected, what’s in the works, and what is planned?
• What problem does Equilibrium solve?
• Why is DeFi so important for the cryptocurrency space?
• For those who are concerned about leaving their crypto on a platform that holds the keys, what would you say to them?
• Can you describe some of the advanced features of Equilibrium?
• How did Equilibrium get its name and what was the original idea or motivation to start it?
• What are the next big updates for Equilibrium to release soon or that are in the works?
• Where does Equilibrium fit in with other existing similar projects?
• Where do you see Equilibrium going in the next year? The next 5 years?
• So where can everyone go to learn more about this?
Check out https://equilibrium.io/en for more information and to learn more about what they have to offer.
What do you think about Equilibrium? What are your thoughts on DeFi? Let us know if you have any further questions on Equilibrium in the comments below and don’t forget to like and subscribe as well!